[OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems

Subject: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems
From: "Kinkead, Frank W" <Frank.Kinkead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 13:13:40 -0500
I even looked in the OM-4 manual (2); no mention of self-timer / mirror
pre-fire capability.  I know it involves the knob on the body's left side
(around the battery test light) but my self-timer doesn't seem to turn at
all in either direction.

I did re-glue the leatherette in this area some weeks ago; may have glued
down the self timer if the whole round switch - right next to the body -
turns.

- Do you need to press in the small lever before turning ?
- Which way does the lever turn ?
- How much of the self-timer mechanism turns (right against the body) ?

Chip Kinkead
St. Louis, MO