[OM] Swedish photo magazine test of compact cameras

Subject: [OM] Swedish photo magazine test of compact cameras
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 20:55:18 +0200
Sorry about the HTML setting in my earlier post. Here's another try in plain
text:

Hi all

I've just read the yearly test of the latest compact cameras in the Swedish
photo magazine FOTO no. 6/99. A total of 33 new models was tested, of which
only 2 were of the fixed lens type. Both were Ricoh models and they received
the highest points for both picture quality and total impression. The rest
were all zoom cameras with 15 being regular 35 mm models and 16 being APS
models. Out of these 31 zoom models only 5 received the highest points (5
out of 5) for both picture quality and total impression. Anyone who can
quess how many of those 5 top ranking models were Olympus cameras? No less
than 3!

The 5 top ranking models were the Olympus my II Zoom 80, the Pentax Espio
115G, the Olympus my Zoom Wide 80, the Olympus Newpic Zoom 600 APS and the
Minolta Vectis Weathermatic Zoom APS. Both Olympus my models received the
highest points in total impression for their "excellent picture quality in
combination with with a compact and yet robust design". The only other
Olympus model participating was the Olympus i Zoom 75 APS which received 3
(out of 5) points for picture quality and 3 (out of 5) for total impression.
In spite of the excellent sharpness of the zoom lens the somewhat unsure
exposure of this model made it a medium ranking model. No Olympus IS models
participated. Sorry for the non-US model designation, but I'm not familiar
enough with these.

No OM content but nice to know though that Olympus still is in the lead in
some areas.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden