Re: [OM] Vibrations with MLU on OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Vibrations with MLU on OM-1
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 15:07:08 EDT

> I'd like to see tests on some laminated multi-density vibration
>  eliminator platforms with velcro to hold any long lens without a socket
>  (like my Vivitar 200mm f/3). Is there any such animal?

I think the closest thing is the Bogen long lens support but I don't know if
it will collapse enough to support your Vivitar. There is no place you could
wrap a tripod socket mount on this lens. Maybe it is the sheef weight of this
lens that helped it score higher (albeit slightly) on Gary R's tests over the
Zuikos of the same length?

Bogen (now Manfrotto) makes several telephoto supports. The Telephoto Lens
Support #3240 has attachment points for both the camera and end of lens
wedged into a "V" shaped receptable tied down with a Velcro strap . There is
also the Long Lens Support #3252 for use with long telephotos which have
their own tripod sockets. This is a bracket that attaches just to the camera
tripod socket. Last there is the Heavy Duty Telephoto Lens Support #3421
which lets you slide the balance point of the telephoto with camera body back
and forth .

Warren