Re: [OM] Vibrations with MLU on OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Vibrations with MLU on OM-1
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 21:39:55 +0000
Attaching the laser pointer to the lens is valid IMO as it tends to amplify
visually
any movement because the arc transcribed at the target wall is going to be much
greater than that at the film plane. It also doesn't require film.   However
you are
correct in one sense as the wiggle of the laser spot may be visible but it may
occur
after the shutter has closed - as someone else pointed out - or the actual
effect on
film may be negligible.

Some laser pointers have a range of several hundred metres so if you were to
use a
set up with a target wall at these sorts of distances you might be able to
detect
the effect of breathing on the camera let alone operating any mechanical
mechanism
that moves, bangs and  thumps ;-)

Giles