Re: [OM] No LLS on the 250

Subject: Re: [OM] No LLS on the 250
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 07:58:35 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/99 6:05:43 AM EST, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I think you can visualize a lens with a perfectly balanced mounting point,
 left on its own on a tripod, no matter how heavy this tripod is, as some
 sort of seesaw that can move too easily in both directions, thus being an
 easy victim to vibrations. Move the axis of the seesaw to one side and put a
 heavier person on the longer side and let's see them trying to ride the
 seesaw.

 "School's out this summer" - Alice Cooper

 Hans >>

        Hans,
        I think I've got it now! Thanks.

P.S.- I think the list's resident "teacher" abdicated his throne upon
realizing he was growing increasingly unpopular with us peasants, and he was
getting uncomfortably close to an impeachment. (More likely it would have
been a hanging followed by a fair trial).
        George S.