Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 09:38:37 -0700
>From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
>
>Chip writes:
>
>> I did re-glue the leatherette in this area some weeks ago; may have glued
>>  down the self timer if the whole round switch - right next to the body -
>>  turns.
>>  - Do you need to press in the small lever before turning ?
>
>No.

But you DO need to lift it toward the top of the camera by about 1mm before
it will turn. If Chip didn't know that, it might be the source of his
problem.

>>  - Which way does the lever turn ?
>
>Looking from behind and above the camera, it turns to the right.

But it will also turn to the left, which is the "stop beeping at me" position.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229