Re: [OM] 72mm Samigon UV-Haze vs. Tiffen Skylight 1-A: which one to kee

Subject: Re: [OM] 72mm Samigon UV-Haze vs. Tiffen Skylight 1-A: which one to keep?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 14:45:45 -0500
At 06:18 PM 5/31/99 +0200, you wrote in part:

>Filter 1: Tiffen Skylight 1-A
>Filter 2: Samigon UV-Haze
>

>Purely based on the packaging I would be tended to keep at least the Samigon
>filter. However, what would you recommend me to do based on the brand
>(Tiffen seems to be well-known) and the difference in the type (i.e.
>Skylight 1-A vs. UV-Haze)? For all clarity, the filter is to be screwed on
>the OM300/4.5, and is to remain on the lens at all times (lens protection +
>blue veil elimination; the slightly warm tone of the 1-A is not an issue).
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Olaf

Hi Olaf,

If it were I, I'd keep the 1-A of the two, but I might like them both.  I
realize these are expensive at 72mm.  I tend to use UV-hazes for lens
protection (which means I really do take it off when I'm actually
shooting), but I use a 1A or 1B (even warmer yet) when I want the effect.
Zuiko glass doesn't suffer from a little warming up occasionally.  If you
use a T20 or T32 flash with this lens (not very likely, but possible) the
1A will be helpful as these flashes are cooler than most.

Just one man's opinion.  This is largely a matter of taste.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA