Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:32:18 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Ulf Westerberg <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 1999 6:38 PM

> marco wondered:
>
> >will you test all your 2x TC with the 300 4.5 and tell us which is the
> >better combo? please! I mean one or the other not all stacked together.
>
> Easy done, it's the Zuiko. Absolutely no vignetting and better sharpness
> than with any of mine 7-lens converters (Vivitar, Tele+).
>
> Ulf Westerberg

Next question. WHY is the Zuiko converter the best? Anyone who remembers the
old days (and I mean the really old days of the 70's) when Olympus answered
any question about converters with: "Olympus will never make a
teleconverter, because it is not possible to make a teleconverter in
accordance to the Zuiko standards of optics."

I quess that after awhile they succumbed to the demands, and then they had
no option but to build the very best teleconverters there are. This was
probably their first concession as regards to the standards of the label
"Zuiko". Today when the same label also is put on cheap plastic zoom lenses
that aren't even made by Olympus, well.... that's another story.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden