Re: [OM] Hi

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:21:27 +0100
>>  How may messages do you guys generate a week!?
>
>I would say anywhere from 30-70 a day. Maybe 35-70 would be more appropriate.

More like 85-250 recently :-)

>>  What does everyone think of the OM2s versus the OM2n? Is it an upgrade or
>>  a downgrade.
>
>I think the spot metering in manual mode is enough to sell me on the OM-2S
vs
>the OM-2N. The program mode is mostly a nice-to-have.

Agreed - I've had an OM2s since they first came out and I think I've used
program mode possibly twice....   The spot meter is very valuable though.
I still think the 2n *feels* nicer than the 2s, in particular the wind-on
mechanism seems a lot smoother, but the 2s has  other improvements.  The
mechanical shutter speed is handy when the batteries go flat (Oly must have
known in advance about that battery drain problem!), the metering is more
accurate and unaffected by stray light throught the VF, and the meter
backlight is useful.

Regards
Richard