Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:12:55 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: <Pauls0627@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 2:59 PM

> In a message dated 5/31/99 5:20:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > This was
> >  probably their first concession as regards to the standards of the
label
> >  "Zuiko".
>
> Not really. The 2x-A is not labeled Zuiko, just "Olympus" I'm not sure
about
> the 1.4x-A though.
>
> Paul Schings
> Coventry, Rhode Island USA

You're quite right of course. Sorry, but I've never seen any of these
converters and I assumed they were labeled "Zuiko".

According to the picture of the 1.4x-A at Hans' excellent site it is also
labeled "Olympus" ( http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/lensgroup/14xa.htm ).
I should of course have checked with this site first before I posted. I
guess Olympus tried to deafen their conscience then by not using "Zuiko"
when they made these converters.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden