RE: [OM] IM - Totally OT - no Oly content

Subject: RE: [OM] IM - Totally OT - no Oly content
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:25:50 +0200
Hi,

> : If you don't mind my asking: are you also a cheeky
> : whippersnapper (as in Gen X, so called? I don't

Nope, I'm 26 and only 4 days removed from an
inc(olaf_age); expression :)

> : think I've ever known any 'responsible' adult
> : type person listening to hard rock/metal, IM at
> : that!).

Bollocks!!! [depending on how you interpret your above statement]
Even though metal is by many people viewed upon as being immature, it
actually isn't... I consider myself to be perfectly responsible, despite the
fact that I listen to metal ;) Besides, at least IM doesn't have a lead
singer that is on drugs and tried to commit suicide on multiple occasions. I
realise this is a bit of a low-blow and DM has been my favourite band for
years, and I still enjoy listening to it. So please don't view this as a
personal attack (after all, I don't have anything against you nor against
DM), but rather as a 'correction' to the implication that is incurred by the
'responsible adult' bit in your message; now of course I don't know if you
have only _personally_ met/known irresponsible adult metalheads (in which
case your statement above would be 100orrect), but at least I'd like to
attest to the fact that responsible adults that enjoy listening to metal
_do_ exist, and what's more, they are present on the list, so you kind of
_do_ know some of them in a way. :) Either way, I'm quite positive you
didn't mean to imply that (at least) both Hans and I are immature, so no
worries as to me not having gotten the point you wanted to make. :) Besides,
nowadays metal is but one of the many different genres of music I enjoy
listening to :)))

Now for Hans' comments:

> I myself am from a generation who still remembers
> how real R&B (=Rhythm & Blues!) sounds like... Age
> data are retrievable at our homepages.

Hehehe, you'd do very well to retrieve my age from my homepage, as I don't
recall having put it there, but it's not a secret either, as I already
"disclosed" it above :)

> As for the hard rock/(black)metal stuff - that's
> what keeps us mentally young. Ok, we're mental
> whippersnappers ;-)

In a way we might be, after all I may have still been considered to be a
whippersnapper when I first got into metal (around '86), but then again, my
favourite band before getting into metal was... Depeche Mode :)))

> Hansje "666" Beton

Hehehe, wow, you really do go a long way back dontcha?
I can hardly recall the days when "metal" and "concrete" were confused by
record store owners ;)))

Alright, enough OT crap, here are the two OM-URLs for Siddiq:

Hans' SIF Page: http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif.htm
Olaf's Photo Gallery: http://members.xoom.com/olaf_greve/

Hans has some hooks (= links) in there to his personal page, but I don't, so
for my personal stuff, check:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/greve

Cheers!
-El Vikingo-