[OM] OM-4 + batteries, lens question.

Subject: [OM] OM-4 + batteries, lens question.
From: james olson <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:11:52 PDT
question 1: my beloved, but old and tired 24/2 is, well, old and tired. after being dropped into the water, the front elements are looking a little cloudy, the aperature is sticky, etc. etc. i have had the lens cleaned and oiled, etc. but the lens is getting tired. so, is sending a lens to olympus america for refurbishing a good option? can they replace lens elements that are streaked\ cloudy? and are their costs prohibitive?

question 2: has anyone owning an OM-4 ever found that the batteries can actually be "DEAD" before the battery tester indicates? specifically, this last weekend, i was shooting with an OM-4 using the self timer, and about 1/2 way through the 10 second timer cycle, the camera shutter would lock up and the self timer beeper would stop. then i have to reset the camera by moving the shutter speed ring to "B". so, i know the self timer takes a lot of battery power, but shouldn't the battery test tell me that there is enough "Juice" to power the self timer?????

thanks, james.