Re: [OM] OM-4 + batteries, lens question.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 + batteries, lens question.
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:31:23 -0700
>From: gma <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 + batteries,  lens question.
>
>At 03:22 PM 6/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>>From: gma <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>

>>>No. It takes battery power to run the battery test circuit.
>>
>>Well, I beg to differ...
>>
>Semantics here Jan.  The battery tester will not light or beep if the
>batteries are "DEAD".

Touche, George. HOWEVER (just to prove that I can't let an argument die...
:-) as someone's .signature says: "There's no "never," just long periods of
"not yet." (Pardon the mangled paraphrase.)

What may be DEAD to the self-timer cycle may not be DEAD to the battery
tester. You stick a 10 megohm voltmeter across almost any silver-oxide
cell, and it won't be DEAD, but it may well be DEAD ENOUGH to not be useful!

(Oh, forget it -- you're right, George -- DEAD is DEAD! :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229