Re: [OM] Introduction to Macro Photography Link OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Introduction to Macro Photography Link OT
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 20:03:41 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/99 7:56:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jsb@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> But how could there of been NOTHING on the negative?
>  Not just negs that were opened to early or something.  Help me out here!!!

Are the negatives dark or light? If they are dark somehow the film has been
exposed to light. Maybe in the camera, maybe somewhere else. If they are
light, then th efilm was not exposed at all. My first thought would be that
for some reason the film did not go through the camera. Check how you loaded
it. The OM's are not as easy to load as the current crop of motorized
cameras. I always keep a spare "junk" roll of film in my bag so I can check
things like that out. Comes in handy when checking OTF metering as well (I
don't have one of the grey cards that ships with the auto bodies). Only use
I've found for that film Seattle Filmworks keeps sending me, unsolicited.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA