Re: [OM] The (un)bearable lightness of being...

Subject: Re: [OM] The (un)bearable lightness of being...
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:42:39 +0000
>varied - to say the least. Tried out both 28-48/4 and 100/2.8, at 28/4 the
>autoexp was 46 secs - at 48/4 it was 10 secs and at 100/4 it was _fast_ ...

The following was copied from Fuji's tech data sheet on Velvia about long
exposure and reciprocity failure (turned Fuji's horizontal table vertical):

--------------------------
LONG-EXPOSURE CORRECTION

No exposure or color balance reciprocity compensation is required if
exposure times remain within the l /4000 to 1 second range. However, in
cases where 4 seconds or more are necessary, reciprocity related color
balance and exposure compensation are required to reduce the adverse
effects of such extended exposures.

Exposure and Color Balance Corrections for Reciprocity Failures

Time (sec.)     Filter  Exp. Correction*
1/4000 to 1     None    None
4               5M      +1/3**
8               7.5M    +1/2**
16              10M     +2/3**
32              12.5M   +1**
64              Not Recommended

 NOTES
* Exposure correction values include color compensating filter exposure
factors.  This table provides compensation values relative to unfiltered
exposure meter readings.

** The " + " designations mean the lens diaphragm should be opened by the
indicated f values.

Your long long exposures should get some *very* interesting results . . .
including some color shifting.  I say *interesting* because it might not
have captured reality but could have an aesthetic appeal to it.  Don't be
surprised by something that looks different!

-- John