Re: [OM] OT: different filters in enlargers?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: different filters in enlargers?
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:49:10 -0400
Siri,

Unfortunately, the color values (cc filtration values) are not standardized
and vary widely among enlargers.  This is even true among different models
from the same maker.  I have two heads for my enlarger, the same part number
item, and they are more than slightly different.

The best advice I can give you is to pick one enlarger for your color work,
stick with it,  and learn its behaviour well.  Then you can make quick and
accurate judgements how to adjust filtration values to get the results of
your mind's eye.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx> wondered: