RE: [OM] 28mm Zuiko won't focus at infinity

Subject: RE: [OM] 28mm Zuiko won't focus at infinity
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 11:02:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Jerry Stackhouse wrote:

> Thanks George, I don't see much point in taking a picture that appears to
> be out of focus. <snippet> I'll shoot a few rolls
> today of some vintage warships and a Cub Scout pack and don't want to lose
> a single image to a faulty lens.

  I can feel confident in speaking for George in saying that he never
meant for you to go to anything important and "test" your lens there.
What he meant was for you to go & shoot a few test frames (as tests
 only) and see if the problem is even detectable. It may well not be.
People here seem adverse to ever shooting a single test frame
concerning any problem, and I find it amazing.  Sheesh. Read a
little God, er...Ansel Adams.
 George meant no harm whatsoever, and gave you solid advice. On the
other hand, you could always send the lens and/or body to John H.,
and find out the exact and real information you to want.
  If other lenses on the same body focus well to infinity, suspect the
lens. Is it focusing beyond or short of infinity ?

                              *= Doris Fang =*