Re: [OM] looking for an affordable (used) 24mm shift

Subject: Re: [OM] looking for an affordable (used) 24mm shift
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 13:09:35 EDT
Dear All--

My apologies for an ambiguous and incomplete post.  The $5,995.00 price IS
for the Leica.  The most expensive Leica item(s) I could find were in the
modular telephoto area.  If I understand it correctly, you buy one from
Category A (an "R-Focus Module"--the most expensive of which is the 2X model
for $6,195.00) and add one from Category B (an APO head which varies in power
according to the focus module selected--the"400/560/800 APO head goes for
$8,995.00).  Total price: $15,190.00.  Hrumph.  Not even close the the Canon
USM tele quoted above.  This may be the bargain of the century!!  Call
Samy's--they'll probably confirm that!  :-)

Regards,

Tom Moynihan
Dallas, TX