Re: [OM] 28mm Zuiko won't focus at infinity

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm Zuiko won't focus at infinity
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:41:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/5/99 8:57:32 AM EST, jstack@xxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I was just
 running a problem by the group to see if anyone had a similar issues and
 suggestions for verifying proper focus. I guess that I could say goodbye,
 as several others have recently, and solve all of my problems by trial and
 error without the benefit of the group's expertise.  >>

        Trial and error is exactly what's called for! When you bring your car
to the mechanic, he doesn't just change something and declare it "fixed", he
takes it for a test drive to be sure the problem is gone, right? No matter
how many responses you'd receive via e-mail, you'd never really _know_ until
you shoot a "test" roll, and couldn't really trust an answer from someone
thousands of miles away. That's what I was trying to say. No matter how
"expert" the respondent is, and this group is certainly full of experts, you
and they can't be absolutely certain you're talking about the same problem or
causation of a problem. You may trust a response, only to ruin a roll of film
and lose some cherished memories. That is why doctors don't diagnose
illnesses over the phone, (and I don't mean an internet conference) they tell
the patients to come to the office.

        George S.