[OM] Brainstorm

Subject: [OM] Brainstorm
From: kelton <kelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 99 15:23:18 -0700
It recently dawned on me why the MC lenses often do better than the SC
lenses in the Reese tests. It's because the multi-coating adds additional
mass and weight to the lens, causing the lens to vibrate less, resulting
in sharper images. This *must* be true, because my 200 and 300 telephotos
are both MC, and they are MUCH heaver than my SC 50/1.8 and my SC 21/3.5.
The obvious conclusion is that the multi-coating adds weight and thus,
precious inertia, and thus, sharper images. I can't believe all the rest
of you smart cookies missed this obvious conclusion. (Oh yeah, I forgot.
The smart people already left the list.) Well, fortunately you've still
got ME to accurately and correctly explain the complexities of physics to
you.