Re: [OM] 28mm Zuiko won't focus at infinity

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm Zuiko won't focus at infinity
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 17:58:51 +0000
At 17:10 6/5/99 , Warren wrote:

>haven't tried and that was to use a ground glass focusing screen gently
>attached (perhaps somewhat diagonally--I've never done this) to the inner
>film rails. Then you could compare the viewfinder focus with the focus at the
>film plane.

If you do this . . . and the poor man's version is matte finish "scotch"
tape . . . make sure the "ground" or matte side is against the rails
(facing towards the lens)!  This is more important using something with
real thickness like an old focus screen versus tape (also tape is hard to
get completely flat).

-- John