Re: [OM] Equipment prices vs. Everything else

Subject: Re: [OM] Equipment prices vs. Everything else
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:55:56 -0400
In a fit of delirium, I carefully looked into the current crop of Canon,
Nikon and Pentax bodies and lenses.  Using the curent B&H catalog as a
guide, the prices for new bodies took some of my breath away, but such is
the price for all that auto-magic wizzbang technology.  The lenses, however,
were a bit of a surprise.  In general, Zuiko manual focus lenses were more
expensive than Canon AF, which in turn were more expensive that Nikon AF.
That rather surprised me.  Were I to start all over again, new and from
scratch, it is actually much less costly to select one of the leading two
manufacturers.  Odd how times change.....

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx> observed: