[OM] Melbourne Australia OM Repairers/Service?

Subject: [OM] Melbourne Australia OM Repairers/Service?
From: Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 17:40:40 +1000
Hi all

have been struggling to keep up with the list for the last couple of months
due to other commitments, and am really missing my daily zuiko "hit".

Do any of the list members who live in Victoria(Australia)  have any
opinions (good or bad) on where to take an OM2n for a service and possible
repair in or around Melbourne? Also a 55mm f1.2 that has a sticky diaphragm
(oil?).

The OM2n seems to have a lot of "springiness" on the camera back compared
to my other OMs. By this I mean that there is a lot of play (in and out)
when closed, ie the back can be pushed in about 1mm or so. I have switched
backs and the OM2n back seems fine on my other OMs, but their backs still
feel "springy" on the Om2n. The foam on the OM2n doesn't look too good, so
I will have that replaced, but am worried that perhaps the hinges have been
bent (tho they look ok to the naked eye).

I had a poor experience recently with a lens repair locally (Geelong) and
don't want to trust my OM babies with just anyone!

I have thought about trying to get inside the 55mm myself to do it, but I
am too scared I wouldn't get it back together again. Leave it to the pros I
think....

Any suggestions or advice welcome.