[OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery -- New Additions

Subject: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery -- New Additions
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 15:04:13 -0600
Yes, it's been awhile.

For those of you who may not have been able to *get* to the Gallery for the
last little while, my apologies.  Our volunteer SysAdmin appears to have
accidentally re-routed some DNS entries.  The Gallery, which used to be at
'www.taiga.ca/~gallery', can now be found at:

   www.enable.org/~gallery

which is the hardware-dependent root domain for virtual domains such as
'www.taiga.ca'.  I'm not sure why the routing has been changed -- I'll look
into it.  (Probably got buggered when he physically moved the systems for
unrelated reasons.)

Meanwhile, a couple of new submitters:

Claudio Molinari (Genoa, Italy)
===============================
Claudio submits two shots, one a nice macro of a bee, the other a nice
wide-angle of barrels and barrels of the Elixir of the Gods (otherwise known as
wine to the uninitiated).

Andrew Wiese (Sydney, Australia)
================================
More people shots!  This is the kind of stuff we all want to do more of, but
for various reasons find we can't.  A couple of nice scenics, too.

In coming days:  Giles Stewart submitted a number of "mystery shots" from old
negatives he found (details of the story related on the site).  While not Oly
stuff, they're sufficiently interesting to warrant a separate section, clearly
delineated as such.

Thomas "Hank" Hogan has also submitted some more macros.  Excellent stuff, and
they'll be up soon.

Michael Goldfarb has submitted a nice shot from a little Oly he picked up a
short time ago.

Finally, I'll try and include some shots from my trip to France (still waiting
for the new SprintScan 4000...).

Thanks to all, and keep 'em coming.  On my end, I'll try and keep the Web
address stable, and get the old one "back".

Garth