Re: [OM] Brainstorm--SC vs MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Brainstorm--SC vs MC
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:02:39 +0200
: This SC-MC question can also be verified by disassembling the lenses and
: weighing the various components.  An excellent lens would be the 35mm
shift.
: Then, reassemble the lens without the components, weigh, and then
: reassemble.
: Olaf just got a good buy on a 35mm shift, perhaps he could help us out
since
: he's also had experience taking lenses apart.

:-)

I would be more interested in the measured results from disassembled 24mm
shifts, 180/2, 250/2, 350/2.8 and 1000/11 Zuikos. Do I have any volunteers?
Speaking of Olaf, tomorrow is his birthday and he requested a spare lens
element for his 300/4.5, preferrably one of those lightweight MC glasses...

Hnz (wondering what the weight is of the front element of his 300mm/F2.8
Tamron)