Re: R: [OM] Laser Tests on Various Lenses

Subject: Re: R: [OM] Laser Tests on Various Lenses
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 00:01:03 EDT

> maybe the bigger shake happens after the second curtain closes (or better:
>  it is caused by the second curtain shutting); or even by the mirror going
>  down, or the auto-lever coming back. All these are irrelevant for the
>  picture.
>
>  marco

What about the use of a couple of mirrors to limit the vibration tests to
just the time the shutter is open.  Point the laser at the camera, attach a
front surface mirror at the film plane, and then place a 1/2 silvered mirror
diagonally across the laser path to project this image onto some type of
viewing surface. This would limit the period time you could see the laser to
just the time the shutter is open.

Anyway, I think I like Joel's and Gary's real world tests better to try to
get the maximum out the the potential that resides in our Zuikos.

Warren