[OM] Lotteries, Camera Gear, and Spousal Approval

Subject: [OM] Lotteries, Camera Gear, and Spousal Approval
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:58:37 -0700
>From: WKato@xxxxxxx

>I'm such a lucky guy because I have my wife to worry about the meteors,
>lightning, etc. so I can consolidate my worries on photography <g>!
>
>And I can go out and play once I...
>buy a lottery ticket (now at $40,000,000 plus in Calif.)

Hey Warren -- you can kill two birds with one stone! Each time you leave
the house, tell your wife, "I'm going out to buy a lottery ticket," then
stuff the money you WOULD have spent in an old sock and stick it in the
back of your underwear drawer. In no time at all, you'll have enough for
some Olympus goodie. When your wife asks where you got it, just say, "I won
the lottery!"

lottery (lät' er ë) n, pl. -ies. [from Old English "hlot" (a great number
of) and "tierry" (a foolish person)] 1. A voluntary tax on the stupid. 2. A
hole in the government that the governed pour money into. 3. A subterfuge
for sneaking new Olympus equipment into the household.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229