Re: [OM] OM-77

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-77
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 07:38:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/99 6:04:35 AM EST, WKato@xxxxxxx writes:

<< > Is any one on the list familiar with the OM-77? Is it any good, or is it
 > junk?
 >  Thanks
 >  Terry

 I wouldn't go so far as to be that demeaning but the Oly designers were kind
 of brain dead on this one. I guess it's find for point and shoot negative
 work. But, (there's a few), there is no exposure compensation so what the
 camera wants, you get.  >>  <snip>

        Terry,
        I wholeheartedly agree with Warren's assessment. I got my OM-77
because it intrigued me, not because I thought it was necessary to further my
photographic growth. There are other better choices from that photo era, both
Olympus and non-Olympus SLRs. Maybe I just wanted to own that piece of
Olympiana.
( I think that's a new one! ) It shouldn't be your main SLR body, but it's
fine as a hefty point and shoot that takes Olympus lenses. Do you _need_ one?
No. If you collect Olympus stuff, then the answer is Yes.

        George S.