Re: [OM] Blank neggies [Was:Introduction to Macro PhotographyLinkOT

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank neggies [Was:Introduction to Macro PhotographyLinkOT
From: mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Stoesz)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 05:47:32 -0700
>EXCELLENT!!!!! That didn't occur to me, but I did have this happen to me
>TWICE, with B&W film (I
>don't shoot enough B&W to know there respective names) it was Ilford the
>type that is processes like
>Color (when it comes to film processing do I sound dumb?) and it was at a
>pro lab (That sucks) but
>your right every thing was wiped off of the neg. no edge markings!!!
>Terry
>
>Richard Ross wrote:

I see this has already been answered but here is some additional information:

Another ?, What brand of film was it.  I ask because some off-brands, store
brands use Agfa film WITH-OUT edge markings.  Agfa and sometimes Imation
(3M) is manufactured this way for proprietary sales and processing.

Try this--load another roll, attach the leader carefully making sure it is
secure, close the back and and take up slack in the film by turning the
rewind knob clockwise until it feels tension, then trip the shutter and
advance the film 2-3 times.  Watch the rewind knob, does it move
counterclockwise as the film advances.  If the rewind know does not move
then the film has either slipped off the take-up spindle or (worst case)
the take up is not working.

Best Wishes, Mike

Mike Stoesz, VP
Rainbow Photography Inc.