Re: [OM] Extension tubes?

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:06:18 -0400
<<Bingo. Actually I inspected one of those Manual Oly tubes recently and
they
are not as clumsy to operate as I first thought they would be. They have a
clever mechanism that immediatedly closes down the aperture when you turn
the aperture ring, so it works exacly like the Manual 20mm/F3.5 Bellows
Macro Lens. Before that I thought you had to stop down the lens by pressing
its preview button, just like lenses used with reverse rings. But as it is
implemented, I could live with a Manual Tube. I also have the manual
versions of the 20mm, 38mm and 80mm macro lenses, and it doesn't bother
me.>>

Just to clarify the operation of these things.
They are called extension tubes because they extend the lens from the body.
Auto extension works just like an auto lens.
Manual extension works just a like manual lens.

Charlie L.