Re: [OM] req. suggestions for meteor photography

Subject: Re: [OM] req. suggestions for meteor photography
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:03:04 -0700
Thnks Foxy, I have one comment:  I'm not sure what the poster means by
'lens efficiency'.  It seems a bit counter-intuitive.  To have a good
chance of getting a meteor, 2 things are important in a lens: speed and
angle of coverage.  He's got the speed right, but using his calculation,
a 100/2 is 4 times better than a 24/2 ??  Well, maybe if you're
prescient enuf to point the 100 at the exact spot where the meteor will
streak by.  Carrying his calculations further, the ultimate Zuiko for
meteors is the 250/2 @ 62.5.  Somehow that doesn't work for me.

George