[OM] OM 4Ti on TV in Australia

Subject: [OM] OM 4Ti on TV in Australia
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:15:55 +1000
Hi all

watched a program on TV over the weekend. Nature/wilderness/trekking
documentary called "Africa High and Wild". It was on a commercial channel
in Melbourne Australia. Was made by well known Australian Olympus OM user
Sorrell Wilby and her cinematographer husband.

Was an excellent program highlighting the places that you don't normally
get to see in Africa (I'm not even going to try to pronounce them) from
Ethiopia, Algeria and Mt Killamanjaro. Very rugged spectacluar scenery,
somewhat reminiscent of SW USA (but without the gorgeous red colours).
Beautifully photographed and produced - the kind of thing that makes you
want to grab your OM gear, back pack, favourite hiking boots and jump on a
plane.

OM content:

Half way through the show they are hand feeding some baboons on the side of
a 1000m cliff, and we see a shot of Sorrell sitting on the ground, and she
leans towards the camera (ie we are now looking at her from the baboons-eye
view) and she is holding an OM4Ti and (i think ) 90mm F2 Zuiko. And she
takes a photo.

Coool  !!!

peter