Re: [OM] OM-4 diopter adjustment

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 diopter adjustment
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
May I ask what difference makes if one focuses with or without corrective
lenses? Here's how I see it:
WithOUT cor. lenses:
        The image on the matt screen is what you use to focus (or the
focusing aids). Either way, you try to get the clearest image (or lined up
or clear (not crystallised) image).
With cl:
        This time, the above image is sharper, but that's only because
you're correcting for the eye's shortcomings.

If done w/o cl, you're still shooting for the clearest and sharpest image.
I don't see how it would make any difference. FWIW, I have shot a few
rolls w/o my specs, and they were fine. Now I shoot with specs simply
because I got new ones (multicoated! whoohhooo! green!) and don't want to
further lose my eyesight (old specs, since '92, were L/R -.5/-1.0; current
setup is two diopters stronger as of last month).

/Acer "not at all trying to be cheeky" Victoria
--
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/eyespy.jpg <---"Siddiq, you are
                                                /BIZARRE/!" --Tom