RE: [OM] Re: ADITL - Volume 1

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: ADITL - Volume 1
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:04:30 -0400
George,
THANKS!!!

Brian P. Huber
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of George M. Anderson
Sent:   Friday, June 11, 1999 2:01 AM
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [OM] Re: ADITL - Volume 1

Well, Zuiks, since I primed the pump with the msg way below, the response
has been more than overwhelming. I got about 20 more msgs, all positive,
couple sample excerpts below. Names withheld to protect the guilty.

****************
****************
****************
>I think if we started with the ADITL, after we got used to people seeing
and
>critiquing our work we would become comfortable with the idea of being
judged!
****************
>I'm in as proposed .  Lets go.
****************

etc, etc.  So, to quote one last members' msg "Let the games begin."
So we'll start with the Day in the Life theme.  No contest, no judging.
Critiquing encouraged after photos up unless photo'er requests no critique.
And, since there's a yearly solar system event arriving soon, perhap it's in
the stars that we should start there.  So how about the first ADITL take
place on the eve of the Summer Solstice, Sunday, June 20.  From 00:01 AM to
midnight, local time, on the 20th. Shoot whatever you want, but could be
nice if the subject was related somehow to the end of Spring/Start of
Summer.
After culling your best shot from the bunch (Or,maybe you only shoot 1,
whatever's your style) get it digitized and off to me within, say, 3 weeks
(that'd be Sunday July 11 aka 'World Population Day') and I'll try to get
the page up within a week, 2 at the most.
So, there it is then.  Pick up the gauntlet and use up some silver and let's
see what us geezers (you too, Acer) with Olys can do.
George