Re: [OM] IS series / Oly p&s

Subject: Re: [OM] IS series / Oly p&s
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:07:13 -0400
Barry,

Have you considered a Olympus stylus?
I consider these types of bodies more point and shoot than the IS series.
Or just put your OM4T on auto and f5.6 or f8 with 400 speed film
and hyperfocus.  A T-20 on camera will give better light than most
built in flashes.  Use a 35 - 70 and leave the bag at home.
That said I would like a Stylus Epic 35mm 2.8 and / or a Stylus Epic Zoom
80.

Charlie L.

<<I've been giving passing thought to adding a p&s to my collection,
and like the specs of the IS-3, but haven't had a chance to visit a
camera shop and actually check one out until recently (no camera
shops in Peach Orchard).

Thats a lot of camera! Size is a concern for me, and the IS-3 is
easily as large as my 4T with winder, 200 mm lens, and then some. I
was surprised.

However, I also looked at the IS-20 and was suitably impressed with
its size and design. They didn't have any of the pocket size
Olympuses.

Has anyone used the IS-20? Which of the pocket sized AF Olympuses
would be worth looking at?

FWIW, the intended uses of this camera would be as a backup to my OM
bodies, snapshots at parties, and occasional news pix when I need to
be more inconspicuous than my Domke full of Zuiko will allow. I'd
like some sort of zoom, but anything 35-70 or so would be adequate.
If I need much more than 100, I'll reach for a "real" camera.