Re: [OM] Battery for OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery for OM-1n
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:11:49 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/99 4:04:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DDouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Ok - I'm sure this has been discussed before (but I'm new to the list), but
>  I've seen some mention around about a batter replacement problem for the
>  OM-1 series of cameras....  Can I not buy a new battery for my camera if I
>  need to?

Yes, there is extensive discussion of this topic in the archives. There are
still some 625 mercury batteries around. I believe Gary Schloss recently said
he had some. Other alternatives include the MR-9 adapter, or getting an
internal modification so you can use silver oxide batteries. Contact John
Hermanson, www.zuiko.com. He can tell you more about the last two options.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA