[OM] 50 as loupe/distortion?

Subject: [OM] 50 as loupe/distortion?
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
I decided to look at some slides with my 50/1.8 MC since I heard all this
talk of using it as a loupe. Not much magnification, is there? Also, the
sides of the slide were bulging out. I believe it's called barrel or
pincushion distortion; since I was looking at the slide from the rear
element, is it right that the film too would see this distorted picture?
Or will the subject to lens distance (practically nil in this case)
matter?

/Acer "Siddiq" Victoria
--
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/eyespy.jpg <---"Siddiq, you are