[OM] Imagek. Was Royal Gold 25 = Ektar 25

Subject: [OM] Imagek. Was Royal Gold 25 = Ektar 25
From: "Jon Ingi Josafatsson" <joningi@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:53:23 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Norma Foltz <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus-digest>
Date: 11. júní 1999 04:58
Subject: [OM] Royal Gold 25 = Ektar 25

<snip>
>Dear John and other Royal Gold 25 users
>Now whatever happened to that CMOS chip that is going to be used in
>place of film?
<snip>

Hi all.

Last month at work I was asked to advice on a digital camera to use to
photograph buildings for registration. Of course
I bought an Olympus for them, actually a Camedia 840L.

While searching the internet for information I came upon the Imagek site,
www.imagek.com ( sorry Hank for the very short
answer yesterday).
I want to ask if someone knows more about them, is this a real thin or only a
"photoware". From the picture on their
site it seems that the flip covering the picture hole does not cover the whole
of it. I suggest the question: How big is
the chip? How d I know what part of what I see in the viewfinder actually get
on the chip? Would I have to ask John H.
to corrcetly scratch a focusing screen for me? I also could not find any
mention of a memory card. That could mean that
if I plan to shoot 10 rolls in a day, maybe, a four hours drive from home, I
would have to drive back and forth ten
times. Luckily I live far enough north that the nights do not get dark in
summer so therefore I could drive for 80 hours
before dark. The alternative would bee to inwest $8000.
I know that is a lot of questions, but if somone knows more than I do about
that 5thing I woukd like to know. If it is
OT, off list answers are OK.

Regards

Jon Ingi Josafatsson
Reykjavik