RE: [OM] OM-77

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-77
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:16:40 -0400
What You See Is What You Get
WYSIWYG - Pronounced "Wisiwig"

Brian P. Huber

bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Per Nordenberg
Sent:   Saturday, June 12, 1999 7:23 AM
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans van Veluwen <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 12:13 PM

> Per Nordenberg wondered:
>
> :Hans, quoting from the OM-707 page on your excellent site, what is a
> :WYSIWYG-P&S camera? Does the new IS-300 belong to this camera category as
> :well?    ;-)
>
> Well Per, if we both agree that the IS-300 is a P&S camera because it
never
> displays the aperture or shutter speed it's going to select, misses a
manual
> mode and exposure compensation, then there are only two questions left to
> answer:
>
> 1 - Do you see it?
> 2 - Do you get it?
>

> Hnz

I think I do, but I was actually just curious what WYSIWYG stood for. AFAIK
the smaller IS's do not display the aperture or shutter speed either in the
viewfinder or on any LCD display, so in that respect they certainly are P &
S's. But the later models IS-10(0)S/-20(0)/-30(0) do have a simple manual
mode for night photography with aperture locked at F8 and shutter speeds
from 1-60 sec. IS-30(0) alone also has exposure compensation so at least
they're developing into real SLR's.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden