Re: [OM] OM-77

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-77
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 22:52:20 -0700
Per asked:

>I think I do, but I was actually just curious what WYSIWYG stood for. AFAIK
>the smaller IS's do not display the aperture or shutter speed either in the
>viewfinder or on any LCD display, so in that respect they certainly are P &
>S's. But the later models IS-10(0)S/-20(0)/-30(0) do have a simple manual
>mode for night photography with aperture locked at F8 and shutter speeds
>from 1-60 sec. IS-30(0) alone also has exposure compensation so at least
>they're developing into real SLR's.

What You See Is What You Get, a computer related phrase to describe how
well the computer represents on its display what you get when you print. It
is something Apple achieved some years ago and Microsoft has yet to
achieve. Not sure how it relates to a camera except that I would suppose
any SLR would be WYSIWYG in comparison to a rangefinder.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx