Re: [OM] OMPC/OM-2S Auto Shutter Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OMPC/OM-2S Auto Shutter Problem
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 07:55:19 -0400
>Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>><< The OM-2S has never acted this way
>> except once under the influence of a lithium battery.  I checked the
>> batteries and they test as good.
>  >>
>> In mine, and others' experience- just about DISREGARD the battery
>>test results and immediately buy a fresh set or two, in many instances, it's
>>the batteries, even though they test good. One list member had to try a
>>couple of new sets of batteries until he got a fresh set. Just because it's
>>bought today, doesn't mean it's fresh.
>
>> George S.
>

>Just to make sure, what do you mean by "test results"?  I check them with a
>volt meter, not the "battery check" feature on the camera.  Are we talking
>about the same thing?  Thanks.

Unless your volt meter can test your batteries under load, your test results are
not good.  I had two battery-test experiences at my local camera store.  In the
first instance, my OM2000 had a problem.  Since it was within the first year, I
went to the store where I bought it.  A salesman insisted that he test the old
batteries before I buy new ones.  He did and the test meter said that the
batteries were O.K., but when I put the new batteries in, the camera was happy.

In the second instance, when I bought the OM-4, I tested everything I could
think of.  I tested the self-timer feature and the mirror locked up.  This is a
veteran salesman for 35 years.  He unlocked the mirror and brought out a
brand-new test meter (battery tester) and tested the two batteries.  One was not
good and the other was O.K.  He brought some batteries from the back and tested
them before he put one of them in the OM-4 soon to be mine.  The OM-4 has been
happily working since.

Perhaps the store bought a new test meter because the first incident happened
last year and the OM-4 purchase was in April.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/