Re: [OM] OM-PC with light leak

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC with light leak
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:34:08 +0100
From: Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>I have an OM-PC I bought used recently and the last roll of film shows
>evidence of a light leak.  On 3 of 24 frames (all 24 taken in bright
>sunlight) the left side of the frame shows reddish fogging.  A 4th frame
>shows slightly curved, vertical pink streaks covering about 20% the
>width of the frame and centered about 1/3 of the width from the left.

Have a look at the 'cassette inspection window' and check any seal
(if there is one - mine has a film in or I'd open it up). As it happened
only
on the one film perhaps the cassette was distorted or dented enough to
let light by, and the fact that some frames are unaffected could suggest
that they were going through the camera while the sun wasn't shining
onto the window. If this was the cause, it's something that the much
maligned never-ready case could have prevented!

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx

it