[OM] JMDC stickers

Subject: [OM] JMDC stickers
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 05:48:58 -0700
John Hudson wrote:

My recently acquired MC 50 / 1.8 Zuiko had a small adhesive oval shaped
decal [0.5" long and .25" wide] attached to the barrel. I says "Passed" and
shows "JCII 55" and "JMDC" above and below the word passed

These things are worse than useless!

Not only are they meaningless as described by the other list members, but they
can also damage the surface finish of the camera if left in place fro any
length of time.

Here in the UK, one often sees people out and about with their new cameras
around their necks and the stickers still in place. They presumably think it
shows that their own camera is somehow uniquely special.

However, unfortunately, one also finds these cameras turning up on the second
hand market with the stickers still on. My own OM2n was just such an item, and
when I removed the sticker I was left with an oval patch on the chrome with a
different shade to the rest.

Happily it is now fading into the same color (after two years).

So please everyone, spare a thought for those of us who buy second hand, and
remove the JMDC stickers from your new equipment.

Chris Barrett
Malvern