Re: :[OM] Today's wedding shoot renamed: to OM or not to OM

Subject: Re: :[OM] Today's wedding shoot renamed: to OM or not to OM
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:39:32 +0100
I agree absolutely. It's a boost to your enthusiasm to try a
new camera every now and again but only on a readily
repeated trip. It's no fun at all to find that the more important
pictures aren't of the standard that you know you'd have had
with a familiar one. Or worse, no pictures at all.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx

Richard Schaetzl wrote:
"Sorry, but it´s foolish to change your camera several days before you´re
start an journey while needing the camera as an tool.
You will have no chance to test the camera and to learn how the camera
works (no, I don´t mean to read the instruction manual),
"sophistication" or not.
"OM cameras are the best travel cameras one can find. I doubt, that
an cheesy 28-200mm lens will be as usfull and good than just an moderate
28mm/2.8 50mm/1.8 and 100mm/2.8 combo.
"But then I have to change lenses", you may ask, just take a second OM
body with you, will improve reability, gives you the possibility to use
two different films at the same time, saves money (you probably have a
second body).
"Forget built in flash, they are just a ridiculous P&S attribute.
Fill flash will looks artificial and you won´t like this look in several
years, after seeing to many overflashed news magazin photos.
I would suggest to use a good framing and exposure technique to
eliminate contrast problems...
"Save you the hassle of screwed up photos, because your not familar with
an new camera, stick with Olympus."