RE: [OM] OM1 + 200/f4

Subject: RE: [OM] OM1 + 200/f4
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:23:28 +0200
Hi,

> I've just been out to see Concorde take off from Exeter
> Airport, quite an event in these parts :)  It's a beautiful
> aircraft, very impressive taking off, so naturally I grabbed
> a camera.  It called for long Zuikos, so I packed my two
> longest, the 70-150 zoom & the 200/f4.  Mindful of recent
> tests, I left the OM1n behind, in favour of the OM4, with
> winder 2 attached.  I found a good spot outside the airport
> fence, and got some shots of the plane just prior to take
> off.  The counter showed 18, plenty left, so I took several
> more shots as it taxied to the runway.  It stopped, and I
> took several more shots of it's rear, which looked good
> through the heat haze of the engines.  Then I noticed the
> winder was making strange noises, I hadn't noticed this
> before because of the engine noise.  The counter showed 25.
> I tried to move the rewind crank  It didn't!  I had run out
> of film & the plane was still on the ground!! DOH!!!

I know what you're thinking; "Did I take 36 shots or only 35?", but to tell
you the truth, in all the excitement I lost the count myself. But this being
the Olympus OM-4 the most versatile hand camera in the world, it could blow
the plane pics clean off. So, you just got to ask yourself one question;
"Did you get lucky?" - Well did you ?!? ;)))

Cheers,
"Dirty Olaf Callahan" ;)

PS: Yesterday Magnum Force was once again shown on the Dutch telly; being a
great classic movie with a nice overkill of police brutality and excessive
force, I just couldn't resist doing that little parody ;)