Re: [OM] NiMH Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] NiMH Batteries
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:20:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Bob Sull wrote:

> Are you saying that when the "flash ready" light comes on, it really isn't
> ready?  What happens when an alkaline battery pack becomes depleted?  What
> does
> the "flash ready" light mean then?

  I can tell you that in many flash units (every one I checked with a
flashmeter, including a Metz 45CT), the ready light comes on when the unit
is about 1/2-1 stop short of full power.
                                  *= Doris Fang=*

Ps. Experiment with this. Ms. Wizard sez: Put the unit on your camera
and on manual (to avoid variations due to reflectivity) shoot a gray
scale with your Winder on, and wait for the light to come on before
taking the shot. The first shot (I assume you know about forming the
capacitor, etc) should not be fired until the readylight has been
on for at least 30 sec. See what happens. Try this at home...