Re: [OM] Minor repair needed - 100 / 2.8 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Minor repair needed - 100 / 2.8 Zuiko
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:33:51 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Trevor J. Noble <p15982@xxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 1999 5:21 PM

>Cyanoacrylate glue is that runny stuff marketed as Super Glue - you know,
>the ones that stick your fingers together instantly. There's an urban myth
>(on this side of the atlantic) it was developed for vietnam to temporarily
>stick unfortunate GIs back together on the battlefield. I hope its not
true!
>regds
>trevor noble

The urban myth is not as far fetched as it might sound. For anyone who
suffers from cracked finger or thumb ends, made worse by dry cold weather,
super glue is an ideal remedy. A dab or two holds the cracked skin together,
is more efficient than a band aid in stopping bleeding, provides relief from
the pain, lasts several days, and is hygenic. I speak from many years of
experience!

As for use on Olympus lenses, I'll give it a try.

Thanks also to Terry Mair for the same advice.

John Hudson