Re: [OM] F280 vs 3rd party Fill Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 vs 3rd party Fill Flash
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:27:35 +0000
At 21:45 6/15/99 , Terry wrote:
>Actually I learned all this curtain travel verses flash sync the first time it
>didn't!!!! What I wanted to know is: Does this flash camera setup give
>repeatable results time after time, or is it a gimmick, similar to the
>other gimmicks that Oly has so adamantly refused to produce like
>auto focus and built in motor drive on there pro models!?

Thanks Terry.
I misunderstood your question . . . mea culpa.

Related to the F280's Super FP Mode in particular, you may be interested in
its GN's at shutter speeds 1/125th and higher.  They fall off rapidly as
shutter speed increases, which limit the utility of its Super FP Mode for
some users.  My F280 was quieter (when charging) than other flashes I've
had, reliable and gave repeatable exposures.  If you have seen its GN's,
then disregard this posting, especially the next paragraph.

The following URL will take you to the F280 specs.  The GN's for its Super
FP Mode at various shutter speeds are near the bottom of the table.
        http://www.mcs.net/~smp/photo/f280.htm

-- John