RE: [OM] Q: opinions wanted on 500mm mirror lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Q: opinions wanted on 500mm mirror lenses
From: "Smoliga Nick Contr AEDC.SVT/1400" <Nick.Smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:01:46 -0500
I use a 600mm Sigma mirror lens for photographing birds. It satisfies my
requirements and cost about $300 from KEH with filters, caps, and a case.
I'd try another mirror lens without hesitation, save for the cost. Doubtless
a refractor (no-mirror) design can be sharper, but that way is usually more
costly, or at least bigger and heavier.

Nick Smoliga
SvT TF12 - Investment Projects
1103 Avenue B