Re: [OM] OM1 Meter problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 Meter problems
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:46:32 -0400
At 10:28 PM 6/16/99 +0530, you wrote: Let me try and explain a little
>better: I've checked the meter reading on the OM1 against a separate
>handheld meter and it corresponds to a film speed of 1600 ASA. Now,
>when I rotate the film speed dial on the camera to any value, the
>meter reading itself stays put at 1600 ASA. In other words, the meter
>does not respond to any changes on the ASA dial.

Not sure if this is related, but I have a similar problem on an OM-2n I
have. It appears that the inner ring that engages the apertrue lever
from the lens does not spring back all the way. When I got the camera
this plastic ring inside the lens mount was jammed all the way up and
would not respond to the aperture setting from the lens. The effect was
as if I had a really wide aperture, or that the ASA dial was pegged all
the way to 1600. Now that I have freed the aperture control, there is
not enough spring left to pull it back and operate normally. My
question is if this is repairable? Is there a seperate spring besides
the small cords that attach to this ring? Or is the spring broken?

Wayne
Holliston, MA